Analog Discovery 3 3D Model [Step File]

jmag999

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi @SINAPTEC COMBLEZ,

I don't have the exact dimensions of the hole in the PCB, but the pins that are used have a standard 0.025 inch (0.635 mm) square posts with a 100 mil (2.54 mm) pitch between the pins.

An example of the header used is this one, https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/würth-elektronik/61304021021/4846885, albeit with a different number of positions and potentially a different pin length as I didn't check that detail.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hey @JColvin, the Analog Discovery 2 PCB dimensions have been really helpful to me in mechanically integrating it with other components, but I've been having trouble doing the same with the Analog Discovery 3 without any technical drawings or models of the PCB (and the drawings of the case that are available on the Digilent website don't help). Are there x/y positions, relative to the PCB edge, for the PCB mounting holes and the 15x2 headers that you can share that would confirm the values in the drawing that @SINAPTEC COMBLEZ posted in January?

Tom

Hi @tm_c,

I have not been able to convince the key stakeholders as of yet to post a 3D model or official dimensional drawings, but after a bit of searching I did learn that the drawing @SINAPTEC COMBLEZ used is an official one that was originally posted by the WaveForms developer about 4 months earlier in this post, https://forum.digilent.com/topic/26785-analog-discovery-3-dimensions/#comment-81182, so I can at least confirm that the listed dimensions on that drawing are accurate.

Thanks,
JColvin