Waveforms 'Bus Error' Raspberry Pi 4

sam5991

Question

Just got my AD3 and was very excited to get going with it. Something I wanted to explore is creating test beds and setups using a Pi 4 for automated testing. Upon installing both Adept Runtime and Waveforms, Waveforms crashed as soon as it tried to connect to the AD3. I tried several times using both bus power, separate power, powered hub, and direct, same result. I then tried to use Waveforms standalone without the AD3 connected and it opens, then when I select a DEMO device (any device, same result for all of them), it crashes straight away.

Launching Waveforms from the command line, I see 'Bus error' on crashing.

I've tried a fresh SD card, formatted and imaged with the latest 32-bit OS, fresh install of both runtime and waveforms, on a different Pi 4, with the exact same result.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please? I've scoured the internet and forum for anything related and come up empty. Cheers :)

EDIT 1: I'm using the latest recommended versions of both software packages (runtime 2.27.9 and waveforms 3.20.1. Both installed from the armfh.deb packaged). I have tried installation using both dpkg and apt install.

Edited by sam5991
Additional info

4 answers to this question