Analog Discovery 2 doesn't work reliably - insufficient power

Jan Mrázek

Question

Hello,

I've been using Analog Discovery 2 happily for a few months. However, today my AD2 started to have an unreliable connection to my computer. The device was often not detected by Waveforms, or it couldn't be programmed, or it reported insufficient power requirements. I have tried several USB cables, and I even used external power, and the device still fails to connect. I attach several error messages I saw during.

Could you help me troubleshoot the problem? From the significant power draw it reports, I suspect some IC might be broken and it draws too much power from the power rails. 

Screenshot from 2023-06-25 12-32-36.png

Screenshot from 2023-06-25 12-30-15.png

Screenshot from 2023-06-25 12-30-08.png

Screenshot from 2023-06-25 12-28-34.png

4 answers to this question

@attila: Do you have any more suggestions? My AD2 was used for measuring battery-powered low-power sensors, so I hope I couldn't damage it by wrongly connecting it (especially when it has differential scope inputs). Is there some kind of diagnosis procedure I could follow? 

Hi @Jan Mrázek

If it has the problem with (the original and) different cables and computers, then it is likely a device problem.

For warranty and replacement contact the support.digilent @ ni.com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.