Is DT9857E discontinued??

Mike M

Question

There are really two questions to this inquiry....

1) Is DT9857E and all devices made my Measurement Computing discontinued? I ask because when I go to the Measurement Computing website and call the numbers that are shown to contact them, a medical office answers the line.  Are they still in business?

2) On the Measurement Computing website, they say the DT9857E support 16SE/8 Differential inputs for the analog inputs. I need to have differential analog inputs in the sound acquisition module that I am seeking. However, when I look in the User Manual, any mention of the word 'differential' seems to imply that it does not support differential inputs and that they are wired as single-ended internally. Can someone clarify this for me.

Thanks. Mike.

5 answers to this question

Hello,

I apologize for the confusion. We are in the process of merging with Digilent. Soon, MCC products will be sold only on their website, www.digilent.com, and through various distributors. The MCC website is slated to be taken down.

As for the DT9857E, we plan to continue to offer the 8 & 16 channel versions (DT9857E-8-xAO & DT9857E-16-xAO) without analog output. The analog output part was discontinued because we could not get the chips, which were holding up production. The estimated delivery for an order placed today is mid-October.

https://www.mccdaq.com/Products/Sound-Vibration-DAQ/DT9857E

Best regards,

John

Thanks for letting me know about the MCC-Digilent merger.

Can you also answer my 2nd question? Does the DT9857E have differential analog inputs? Thanks.

Below is a copy of the previously-stated 2nd question stating my background for asking this.

2) On the Measurement Computing website, they say the DT9857E support 16SE/8 Differential inputs for the analog inputs. I need to have differential analog inputs in the sound acquisition module that I am seeking. However, when I look in the User Manual, any mention of the word 'differential' seems to imply that it does not support differential inputs and that they are wired as single-ended internally. Can someone clarify this for me.