How to create one pulse via SDK?

timmolter

Question

Hello,

I'm using the AD2 and the waveforms SDK.

What I need to do is create a single square pulse, non-repeating. Is it possible with the SDK to do this? In other words, I need it to run for only a single period. Turning the generator on and off in software is just too imprecise.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

Timmolter,

I'm not super familiar with the Waveforms SDK, but in the GUI, as long as the Channel synchronization is set to something other than "No Synchronization", some extra options will appear that will let you set the number of times that the wave will repeat. This repeat value can be set to one, which will let you send a single square pulse.

The options in the attached screenshot are probably not exactly what you are looking for, but hopefully will give you an idea of where to go.

Untitled.png

Thanks,

Arthur

Hello,

The single pulse signal can be generated as Arthur indicated.
You can specify the square wave to start from offset level with Idle output option under the Channel 'gear option', after the 'Simple/Basic/..' box.

With the WF SDK set 1 for FDwfAnalogOutRepeatSet and specify the signal period with FDwfAnalogOutRunSet, specify the Idle value with FDwfAnalogOutIdleSet

Thank you for the help. I am now able to create the single pulse. However, now I have new problem...

How do I best coordinate the creation of the pulse and the capture of pulse with the oscilloscope channels via software only? I see a trigger mechanism, but it looks like it requires a physical external trigger. Is there a software trigger to coordinate a pulse and capture signal?

What would be the best acquisition mode? I'm trying to create and capture a 50 µs pulse. 

Thanks in advance!

Archived