Select + Dual Feature Appears to Have A Bug

JimR2

Question

Hi,

I recently downloaded a new version of Waveforms (see pic1), and noticed a relatively new feature Select +  Dual. A common use case for me is to select my ADP3450 + DPS3340 (see pic2), which has always worked fine before. Now it appears if I try and use the Scope, or scope with DiscoveryPS, I get an error  (see pic3) that constantly repeats. Sometime so rapidly, I have to kill the Waveforms task. Also have noticed that when I do this, 8 channels show up on the scope, 4 osc channels, and 4 supply channels.

Playing around a little, it appears as if I were to turn on the spectrum analyzer before the scope, this change how the channels appear in the scope, and everything works fine? See pic4, where I have DiscoveryPS, wavegen, spectrum analyzer open (since I ran before opening scope), and eventually scope in upper left corner which behaves as normal.

So seems there is a workaround for now, but probably something that should be looked into.

I also played around with the select + 2 to combine two identical devices (2 AD2's), very cool feature! Hoping it works with Digital Discovery also, was thinking about buying a 2nd one.

Thanks, let me know if you have any questions or things you'd like me to try,

Regards, JimR2

image.png.78ed815c197d8d67670deeed99d67395.pngimage.png.b9e7585ac69ed31c582ccfbb909a6b4f.png

image.thumb.png.5998da822def569b7cc460113bea5b3f.png

image.thumb.png.534137825ae95708cc2c0798591e15b2.png

2 answers to this question

Hi @JimR2

+DPS3340 is fixed in the latest version:

Two Digital Discoveries are NOT supported, yet, since the WaveForms Logic Analyzer is limited to 32-bit samples.
However, it was and it is possible to create custom app/script which controls multiple devices.
Dual mode is recommended for devices with clock IO capability, ADP3X50, AD3 or newer.
Without a reference clock, signals will have jitter and drift over time.

image.png