Schematic for Pmod DA5 with AD5781

Sapta

Question

Hi!

I am a postdoctoral researcher working on the interface of neuromorphic devices and biomedical signal processing on edge. I am a proud user of Analog Discovery 2 and Pmod DA3 (with AD5541A). However, I needed a DAC with better noise characteristics for the D/A conversion and came across the Pmod DA5 product which has a much better DAC chip (AD5781) from AD.

But, I couldn't find the product anywhere in the diligent shops. I just found two references at this and this link. The pictures tell me the product existed and maybe went out of production or something. 

Diligent, I am wondering if it would be possible for diligent to share the schematic/circuit diagram for the Pmod DA5 so that we can adapt our design with that reference. For example, you share Pmod DA3's design here. I am just wondering if something similar is available for DA5 to be used for research purposes. 

Thanks in advance. attaching a picture of the DA5 that I found on the above links.

ad5781_pmod_da5.jpg

pmod_da5_pic32.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hi @Sapta,

I don't believe Digilent has any resources for this product, or at least I've never seen this product in person despite joining Digilent back in 2014.

I have attached the public schematic that was created for this particular module, but beyond that I don't believe Digilent has any additional materials for this product.

Thanks,
JColvin

PmodDA5_sch.pdf