miniLAB 1008 not listed as a device in LabVIEW 2023

wesn16

Question

Hi,

I am trying to set my miniLAB 1008 as a DAQmx Global Channel in LabVIEW 2023. When I select Browse from the pop down, I receive the message: "No NI-DAQmx channels configured...". 

The miniLAB also is not showing up in the Devices and Interfaces in NI MAX (or my Device Manager), though it is picked up by DAQami. 

I've been troubleshooting this problem for a few days but am not very attuned to LabVIEW and would appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

6 answers to this question

Hello @wesn16.

MCC's miniLAB 1008 is not supported by NI-DAQmx.  You need to download and install the MCC DAQ software, which includes ULx for NI LabVIEW.

https://www.mccdaq.com/Software-Downloads

https://mcc.download.ni.com/#downloads/MCCDaqCD/

Afterwards, take a look at the following forum posts to get started using ULx for NI LabVIEW.

Regards,

Fausto

When trying to download the MCC DAQ software from the cite provided, I run into problems. For some reason, my computer does not support the .NET 3.5 Framework, which is necessary for installing ULx. This is a problem I've encountered before but have never found a fix to. Does this problem sound familiar to you?

I appreciate the help.

I'm running Windows 10 as my only OS. It doesn't require IT Administration either. 

I receive error code: 0x800700C1, which doesn't appear anywhere I've found. Been working on this for about a week with no results to show for it.

Which build # of Windows 10 are you using?

Have you tried Windows Update?

Do you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2012-2015 Redistributable installed?

image.png

On the left-hand side, click on 'Turn Windows features on or off'.  Are you unable to enable the '.NET Framework 3.5' feature?

image.png

I'm running Windows 10 version 1909. 

I did try Windows Update but it resulted in another error.

I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2012-2015 Redistributable, yes.

When I try to enable .NET Framework 3.5 I'm prompted to allow Windows to download files that I need. This process then results in the same error as before.