Dual device mode

sintech

Question

Hello @attila, can you please shed some light on dual device mode?

Am I understanding right that it is a way to capture samples synchronously on both devices as if it is a single device with 2x channels?

How will it work in case of DDiscovery which does not have dedicated trigger pins? Maybe repurpose one DIO to trigger In/Out on both devices? 31+31 channels is a dream setup for me, even 24+24 will be a considerable enhancement over current 32ch.

Is there any plan to support mixed device setup like DD+AD2 (which I have)? In live streaming mode at least?

Thank you for new features.

2 answers to this question

Hi @sintech

The Digital Discovery supports up to 32 bit sampling and the Logic Analyzer in WaveForms application is also limited to 32bit samples.
With custom application you could control 2 devices and make more than 32bit sampling. The Digital Discovery does not support reference clock so the sampling could be jittery and shift over time due to the individual oscillators of the devices.
With custom application different device types can also be controlled but not planning to support such with WaveForms application, except any device + Discovery Power Supply (DPS3340).