I have two AD2 that fail to connect to the PC.

FancyBose

Question

Hello,

I have two AD2 that failed to connected the the PC. One AD2 gave a "USB device you connected to this Computer malfunction  and Windows does not recognized". The 2nd AD2 just doesn't connect to the PC at all the USB connector area get a little warm. Also, I have 5 other AD2 that I use to connect to this PC and it work fine. So it's not a software or driver issue.

Please advise how I can get this Replace.

Thanks,

Sophin

1 answer to this question

Hi @FancyBose,

If you have gone through the various troubleshooting steps mentioned here, https://forum.digilent.com/topic/35-analog-discovery-troubleshooting/, which I imagine you have since you have multiple other working devices, then for an RMA you would need to contact whomever you purchased the devices from.

If you purchased the Analog Discovery 2 from a distributor (Mouser, RS Components, etc), you will need to contact them to determine their RMA policy. They will then contact Digilent for their own RMA.

If you purchased the devices directly from Digilent within the one year warranty (https://digilent.com/shop/shipping-returns/#warranty), please send me a private message containing your preferred email contact, the Digilent order number associated with the purchase, and the serial numbers of the products (located on the barcode on the underside of the device); I will then be able to get this information to our Sales team who can start processing the RMA and let them know that you already worked with me on the Forum.

Thanks,
JColvin