Network Analyzer with Python API

loica

Question

Hello everyone,

currently im trying to do network analyze but with the  python API, and how can i set the channel offset (on the right panel) in python API (im using pydwf)

because when i try in waveform application, this is when the offset is not setimage.thumb.png.6649e79ea172eaefc9f9b232bd34a8a9.png

and this when i set the offset to 10V

image.thumb.png.6a3547fafbcb23dea41da900d803cc6e.png

Edited by loica

4 answers to this question

Hi @loica,

I'm not familiar with pydwf specifically (that would be something I would defer to @reddish on), but I don't believe the Network Analyzer is directly available in the SDK. There is some network analysis functionality in the included AnalogNetwork_Analyzer.py example though it uses the Impedance Analyzer tool.

In terms of setting individual channel offset (since the Impedance Analyzer function of FDwfAnalogImpedanceOffsetSet just sets the offset of the stimlus signal as per the WaveForms SDK Reference manual), I believe you can explicitly set the Analog Input Channel Offsets via FDwfAnalogInChannelOffsetSet, as is shown on lines 62 through 64 of the AnalogImpedance_OffsetSweep.py example.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @loica,

In pydwf, the "offset" setting of the "AnalogImpedance" sub-API can be set as per the following self-contained example:

from pydwf import DwfLibrary
from pydwf.utilities import openDwfDevice

dwf = DwfLibrary()

with openDwfDevice(dwf) as device:

# Set the offset to be used by the "analogImpedance" functionality.
    device.analogImpedance.offsetSet(1.0)

The network analyser (aka "analog impedance") functionality as exposed by pydwf is documented here.

Caveat: the "analogImpedance" functionality is not super well tested. If you happen to find bugs, please report them on the pydwf issue tracker.

( @JColvin : thanks for the heads-up, I would have missed this question otherwise!)

Edited by reddish

14 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @loica,

I'm not familiar with pydwf specifically (that would be something I would defer to @reddish on), but I don't believe the Network Analyzer is directly available in the SDK. There is some network analysis functionality in the included AnalogNetwork_Analyzer.py example though it uses the Impedance Analyzer tool.

In terms of setting individual channel offset (since the Impedance Analyzer function of FDwfAnalogImpedanceOffsetSet just sets the offset of the stimlus signal as per the WaveForms SDK Reference manual), I believe you can explicitly set the Analog Input Channel Offsets via FDwfAnalogInChannelOffsetSet, as is shown on lines 62 through 64 of the AnalogImpedance_OffsetSweep.py example.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks for your reply @JColvin, it really helpful.

now i can get the same result as i did at waveform application👍

9 hours ago, reddish said:

Hi @loica,

In pydwf, the "offset" setting of the "AnalogImpedance" sub-API can be set as per the following self-contained example:

from pydwf import DwfLibrary
from pydwf.utilities import openDwfDevice

dwf = DwfLibrary()

with openDwfDevice(dwf) as device:

# Set the offset to be used by the "analogImpedance" functionality.
    device.analogImpedance.offsetSet(1.0)

The network analyser (aka "analog impedance") functionality as exposed by pydwf is documented here.

Caveat: the "analogImpedance" functionality is not super well tested. If you happen to find bugs, please report them on the pydwf issue tracker.

( @JColvin : thanks for the heads-up, I would have missed this question otherwise!)

Hi again and thanks for your reply @reddish,

actually, the offset that i meant is the channel offset (scope offset) not the analogimpedance offset just like what @JColvin said at 2nd paragraph. so, i use the analogIn.ChannelOffsetSet function.

And, so far your pydwf espescially the analogimpedance function working just fine at my project. so Thank you very much to make my work easier with your pydwf👍