Dasylab script error: data model corrupt

Umberto Cella

Question

Hi everyone, I have problems with a script module in Dasylab 2020.1.

Background: I need to do linear regression of a function z = f(x,y), where x and y are two FFT outputs and z is another FFT output. The regression block of Dasylab does not support this type of calculation, it does only single variable versus time, so I need to use a script.

I found this article: https://kb.mccdaq.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50820.aspx, which is ideal for my application. Their script does regression on one variable, but I thought I could change the Python function to make it as I need it.

I installed the Python libraries, all good, then I tested their script, which works ok in their example. However, I cannot modify the packaged one to add a second regressor input, so I tried to build the same script from scratch as explained in the technical note (https://kb.mccdaq.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50820.aspx), with the intention of changing the Python function later on. The execution, however, displays the error “The data structure of module is corrupted”. I am stuck at this point, and I am not sure where the error is. I am using Dasylab 2020.1.

I attach the file where you can find both the script created by them, and the one created by me. Please let me know if you receive them, or maybe if they are blocked by some antivirus.

Thanks everyone for the assistance,

Umberto Cella

Regression Example - 10 points.DSB Regression Example - 10 points Umberto.DSB

2 answers to this question

A few years ago, we had an engineer that specialized in the DASYLab software and they created the article you found about linear regression. Unfortunately, they have since left the company, and we have yet to find anyone familiar with creating scripts. I recommend contacting www.measx.com as they are the developers of the DASYLab software.