How to Install Waveforms on WSL

arnavguptagenerac

Question

Hello, 

I had some scripts for an analog discovery 2 that I was working with in windows that worked all fine. I tried recreating same thing in WSL but I had an extremely hard time trying to get this installed. A lot of the links and how to's are insanely outdated and the newest version of stuff I could find was from 2015. I am new to WSL and this kind of work and could really use some help getting waveforms installed on WSL and gettitng the SDK scripts to work. Even the download page for this is broken. From what I could tell I neeeded to have ADEPT but this page seems to be completely down. I really need some help with this if anyone has done this before. 

image.thumb.png.4fdec96f46e2907490745cb00360df65.pngThis is what the adept download page looks like. 

1 answer to this question

Hi @arnavguptagenerac,

It appears the URL download is messed up; this is the correct download link: https://files.digilent.com/Software/AdeptUtilities/2.7.1/digilent.adept.utilities-2.7.1.x86_64.rpm.

I will request that this gets properly updated.

As for the guides, I presume you are referring to the Getting Started Guide, specifically the Linux install video: https://digilent.com/reference/software/waveforms/waveforms-3/getting-started-guide; I will concur that this video, regrettably, has become outdated with regards to naming and process flow since it's original publication back in 2016. I will put in a request to get the Getting Started Guide material to be updated and the now misleading video removed as I do not anticipate that a new video will be made in its place as it too will inevitably become outdated.

If you are still having issues getting WaveForms installed on WSL please let me know. I know that there was at one point a detail where you needed to "attach" the USB device to the VM, I am not certain if this is still the case though:

Thanks,
JColvin