DIO-24 DAQ Device LED Always Off

CPPProgrammer

Question

Hello,

Today I was working on a USB DIO-24 device my company purchased and during my testing where the device was only connected from USB to computer the device blinked the LED orange a few times then turned off and my OS reported that it could not recognize the USB device. Wondering if I there is any way for me to determine the cause of this? Is there a way for me to restore the connectivity to this device?

Some additional info; the device was connected to a 3.0 USB hub, which itself was connected to a USB 1.0 port on the machine. This issue only occurred on one out of the four cards I had connected. Additionally I have tried reconnecting to the computer, rebooting the computer and attempted to connect the card to a different computer, unfortunately; none cause the power LED to turn on and none seem to recognize the device.

Thanks much

Edited by CPPProgrammer
Additional info

4 answers to this question

The USB-DIO24 uses the Windows HID driver. The HID driver automatically turns the device off - a Microsoft power-saving feature. As a workaround, we created a utility called HIDRegUpdater.exe. It modifies a registry value that tells Windows not to turn the device off.  It's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ\. I'm hoping the problem is that HIDRegUpdater did run for this one device. Could you unplug the other three, only plug in the device in question, and run HIDRegUpdater? 

Thanks for the answer JRys; I gave the HIDRegUpdater.exe a try and I'm able to see the device in InstaCal and the test seemed to go fine. However; the light is still not coming on despite the working connection, is this something I can fix as well? Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

InstaCal has a Flash LED button on the configuration page. Could you give it a try to see if it flashes? If it's not working and it is less than a year old, it should be covered by the warranty. We do not repair the USB-DIO24 because it's cheaper to replace it. What is its serial number? I'll look it up and let you know what's possible.