Need Help Fixing Negative Time Offset in Scope Application

Zach Lakin

Question

Hello,

I am working with a Analog Discovery 2 and need help figuring out how to get time to start at 0 in the scope display of a square wave signal I am sending to a camera for external triggering. I have attached two images of what I am using as a trigger signal, and what I am receiving in the scope out of the camera. The waveform being received from the camera matches that of the wave form being sent to it, however the signal on the oscilloscope starts around -750 to -500 ms, when I want it to start at 0 ms. 

I have done a calibration of the device which was successful, and I have found this line from the user manual stating: "The Oscilloscope offset error can be compensated in the Scope Instrument under Time and Channel Options, Zero offset."  I cannot find the Time and Channel options anywhere in the software. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but I can't seem to get the solution to this problem, if anyone has any ideas on this, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Sig_in.thumb.PNG.6904ff008d90184f4752e9d74af8cbd5.PNG

Osco.thumb.PNG.943d54fe46abdf402aa70bcafaf99776.PNG

1 answer to this question

Hi @Zach Lakin,

Your scope view currently has a time position set to -310 ms; this is shown in the top right hand corner of the GUI just above the Channel 1 and Channel 2 options. I'm not certain from the wording of your question if this is the setting you are looking for though.

As for the Time and Channel Options, this is the Gear dropdown directly below that:

image.png

I also noticed you have your Trigger set to "Auto" (directly to right of the "Screen" Mode dropdown in the main top bar next to Single and Scan; Auto means that if the specified trigger condition is not detected within two seconds, the acquisition will start automatically, rather than waiting indefinitely for the trigger condition (which is what Normal does). You can read more about this in the Help tab -> Scope -> Section 2 (Control), although I believe the triggering system only works on Repeated mode with a time base set to less than 100 ms/div.

Thanks,
JColvin