USB-1608G Power Loss

Daniel Borgelt

Question

Hello,

I have a USB-1608G with two of the SE analog inputs wired to a switch (switch powered to 5VDC and 2.6mA). For the last couple of days the DAQ has powered up fine and communicating fine with the Tracer DAQ Pro software. Today the DAQ just stopped working (leds do not light up and loss of comm with the computer). Any ideas on what happened?

2 answers to this question

Hello,

No LED light is not a good sign. Try it on another computer that has InstaCal. I can replace it if it is not working and is less than a year old, but I'll need the serial number. If it's more than a year old, it's bad news because we don't repair the USB-1608G.

Best regards,
John

Hi John, thank you for responding back. I tried it on another computer but still no light. I purchased it back in October so should be under a year (SN 20A4A29) and would greatly appreciate a replacement. Any idea on what could have caused this? Something similar happened on one of these in our lab a couple years back. Fortunately that testing was completed before failure and we haven't needed another one until now. I did notice that the DAQ was getting warm on the corner with the USB connection, not sure if there is a relationship?