Long term analog measurement

stephenwberry

Question

I have a requirement to capture up to an hour of low frequency audio level oscilloscope data. The frequency content is not likely to be higher than 10Khz. Can I change the sampling frequency low enough and essentially data log the analog input to my laptops SSD using your Analog discovery ?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi @stephenwberry,

Yes, you can do this; the record mode allows data capture up to around 1M samples/sec without losing samples due to USB transfer rate limitations.

In either the Control dropdown (or pressing F7) you can set the Record to file settings including the sample rate, length of time you want to record, and what type of file output you would prefer.

image.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @stephenwberry,

Oh, you don't have to output it as a .bin, you can instead choose something much more straightforward like .csv, .txt, or .wav since you are measuring audio from the type dropdown at the top of the menu.

image.png

There is also a Logging option in the oscilloscope (as shown in the above screenshot on the right hand side) that allows you to get some more customized file output; there is some more information about it in the Help tab in the main WaveForms section.

image.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin