Running WaveForms on PinePhone

pikeaero

Question

I am running WaveForms on my Linux (ARM 64-bit) PinePhone (with the optional Keyboard Case and docking bar), and I absolutely love it!  The PinePhone is perfect for 90% of the use cases where I use the AnalogDIscovery2. It makes the whole thing much more portable and bench-top friendly.

I couple things I would ask the WaveForms group to consider;

A) Better touch gesture handling. (I use a tiny Bluetooth mouse right now, without that, it's painful to use WaveForms with touch-only).

B) A way to collapse/shrink the real estate at the top to make more useful pixel space for the traces.

C) Make a 'pacman' package for Manjarno Linux and the like. I installed on Manjarno Linux from the Debian package by coloring outside the lines  a little bit. It runs great, very responsive, no issues so far other that what I've mentioned above!

I love this setup very much!

Thanks for the great tools!

Screenshot_20230424_184302.png

Screenshot_20230424_184412.png

Screenshot_20230424_184912.png

P_20230424_185142.jpg

P_20230424_185151.jpg

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @pikeaero

The control bar can be hidden under right click (or double tap) menu:

The app is not optimized for small / touch screen. Could you point out what would be needed for better touch experience?

Thanks! I didn't know about hiding the toolbar like that, that's perfect!  

Sure, I totally get that it's not optimized for this application. Even so, I think it's impressive how well it does work.

I think a few small tweaks with gestures would make a great improvement.

I think the biggest thing with gestures would be the ability to zoom and pan the trace window with pinching and swiping gestures.

And then aside from that, any of the utility panes that have a scroll bar, if you could use a swiping gesture rather than trying to grab the micro-size scroll handle, that would be a big improvement.

I think those couple of things would make a huge improvement.

Thanks!