USB-1608G giving an unknown error after ~1 hour of use

CarrieW

Question

I am using a MCC USB-1608G with Labview 2012 64-bit using the ULx drivers. I have been using it for years to read in the analog channels without issue. I recently added a section to my code to read in three digital channels. The program starts normally, but 30 - 90 minutes into it, the ULx gives error code 2007, and under description it says "ULx Read (Digital 1D Bool 1Chan 1Samp).vi <ERR> Error number 2007 has no text". When this happens, the analog channels keep reading normally, but the digital channels stop reading in.

I can't find any mention of error code 2007 online. Is this a known error?

4 answers to this question

Hello @CarrieW.

Error code 2007 is not a ULx error.  Which version of InstaCal do you have installed?  Please reply with screen captures of your vi example and include a vi that I can test.  

I would suggest installing a recent version of LabVIEW (not LV2023) and the MCC DAQ software on a different machine to test your vi.

https://www.mccdaq.com/Software-Downloads

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @CarrieW.

Installing a recent version of LabVIEW (not LV2023) and the MCC DAQ software on a different machine, to test your USB-1608G and vi example, would be my first suggestion.

If that's not an option, then update your MCC software to v6.72, which was the last version to support LabVIEW 2012.

MCC DAQ software v6.72.

https://mcc.download.ni.com/#Archive/MCCDAQ_CD/Archive_6.72/

I was able to locate a past support record from circa 2014.  Error 2007 somehow was caused when multiple DAQ tasks were running.  i.e. multiple features of the same card, such as AI and DIO, perhaps in different loops.

Regards,

Fausto

Hi Fausto,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, upgrading LabVIEW isn't an option for us at this time, due to some compatibility issues with another component in our instrument. I can try updating our MCC software, though. At the moment, we are using InstaCal v6.26.

The multiple DAQ tasks being the culprit makes sense, as this worked fine when we just used the analog channels. I can try to update our wiring to read the digital TTL signal as an analog signal instead and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Carrie