if we give an adc output to a digilent discovery

Thasni_am

Question

I want connect a adc in between a circuit and Digilent so that, adc input will be a 12v, 2a dc and output if I will feed directly into the Digilent, what will be the result?? How I will see the output in Digilent ??? Basically my aim is to convert that 12v  voltage to Digilant maximum input voltage and see the resulting waveform

Edited by JColvin
changed capitalization

2 answers to this question

Hi @Thasni_am,

I'm not certain which Digilent Discovery you are referring to since all of Digilent's Test and Measurement products include the word "Discovery" as part of their name.

But, if you are using one of the "Analog Discovery" products (such as the Analog Discovery 2 or one of the Analog Discovery Pro devices), then you do not need need to use an ADC as all of the Analog Discovery products already include an ADC as part of their design and can handle 12 V DC inputs as the their input ranges are +/-25 V with respect to ground (or +/-50 V if you use them as differential inputs, but do note that the inputs are not floating)

If you do use an ADC in your setup (I don't know which ADC you are considering), but you would likely need to connect the digital inputs of the Analog Discovery device to the digital outputs of the ADC and then need to set up a custom protocol in some capacity to correctly interpret whatever digital pattern is coming out of the ADC.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

@JColvin

Hi sir,

i am using digital digilent discovery,

i have a separate circuitry for 6 led s connected in parallel, i want to know how much current is reaching to each branch of led (mainly intensity)  , ie, through 6 leds , then i need to see that waveform though means that level through digital discovery, thatswhy i thought in between i can use a adc and convert those signal to digital discovery high speed input pins. but is it possible to feed all the signals from adc to digital discovery? how to measure it??