MCC172 Multi boards can not found address

1zhangyo

Question

Hi,

I have stacked 4 mcc172 hats. When I ran sudo daqhats_read_eeproms, it worked fine (as shown in figure1). But when I ran sudo daqhats_list_boards, it found nothing at all. So I opened the daqhats_manager.py and ran it. It show error: Command ' daqhats_list_boards ' returnde non_zero exit status 1 (as shown in figure 2). 

I have installed the appropriate address jumpers onto address header locations A0-A2 of the new HAT board. And I don't know why this problem happens. I would appreciate if you can help me figure this out!

Yours sincerely!

figure1.jpg

figure2.jpg

3 answers to this question

Hello @1zhangyo.

I have four MCC DAQ HATs on a RPi 3B.  When I press the 'Read EEPROMs' button, the display shows four EEPROMs found at addresses 0-3.  On my RPi 4B, I have two MCC DAQ HATs.  When I press the 'Read EEPROMs' button, the display shows two EEPROMs found at addresses 0 and 1.  With four MCC DAQ HATs on your RPi 4B, the 'Read EEPROMs' button finds eight EEPROMs at addresses 0-7.  

Remove all HATs from your module and restart by adding one MCC DAQ HAT with the corresponding address jumper configuration.  Afterwards, run the MCC DAQ HAT Manager and press the 'Read EEPROMs' button.  How many EEPROMs found?  Press the 'List Devices' button as well.  Any issues with just one MCC DAQ HAT?  If not, continue to repeat this process for each of the other MCC DAQ HATs.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @1zhangyo.

How many and which MCC DAQ HATs are you using?  Which RPi module and OS version are you using?  Do you have other third-party HATS installed on your RPi module?

Please confirm that the SPI and I2C interfaces are enabled on your RPi.  Go to the Raspberry start button and choose Preferences - Raspberry PI Configuration. Click on the Interfaces tab and make sure SPI and I2C are both enabled. 

image.png

The MCC DAQ HAT Manager utility can also read the EEPROMs and detect your MCC HATs.  Please provide a screen capture after pressing the LIST DEVICES button, in the application.

image.png

Please confirm that each board has the correct address jumper as mentioned in the hardware installation section of the documentation and list how are they stacked.  https://mccdaq.github.io/daqhats/hardware.html#installing-multiple-boards 

Regards,

Fausto

On 3/6/2023 at 9:45 PM, Fausto said:

Hello @1zhangyo.

How many and which MCC DAQ HATs are you using?  Which RPi module and OS version are you using?  Do you have other third-party HATS installed on your RPi module?

Please confirm that the SPI and I2C interfaces are enabled on your RPi.  Go to the Raspberry start button and choose Preferences - Raspberry PI Configuration. Click on the Interfaces tab and make sure SPI and I2C are both enabled. 

image.png

The MCC DAQ HAT Manager utility can also read the EEPROMs and detect your MCC HATs.  Please provide a screen capture after pressing the LIST DEVICES button, in the application.

image.png

Please confirm that each board has the correct address jumper as mentioned in the hardware installation section of the documentation and list how are they stacked.  https://mccdaq.github.io/daqhats/hardware.html#installing-multiple-boards 

Regards,

Fausto

Hi

I am using 4 MCC DAQ HATs (4 mcc172 hats). My RPI model is 4B, OS is raspios-buster-arm64, and I don't have third-party HATS installed on my RPi module. The SPI and I2C interfaces are enabled on my RPi (as shown in figure 3). And I confirmed that each board has the correct address jumper.

As for using MCC DAQ HAT Manager, when i press Read_EEPROMs button, it works well (as shown in figure 4), but when i press LIST DEVICES button, it shows nothing at all (as shown in figure 5).

figure3.jpg

figure4.jpg

figure5.jpg