USB 2020 not detected

Mohammad Alsmadi

Question

Hello, 

I am using USB2020. I have two devices. The first one was detected directly by the host PC and the "device ready" blue LED is ON. However, LED in the second one is OFF all the time. I made sure that the 9V input is present at the board input supply terminals. Also, I unplugged and plugged back the USB cable to the host PC. As shown in the attached photo, the device is present in the PC's devices list. However, I have no access to it. Also, I tried to see if Matlab toolbox can detect but I did not. Could you please help with that? 

Appreciated, 

Mohammad 

image.png

Edited by Mohammad Alsmadi
Add photo

5 answers to this question

Hello,

Plug in the USB first or the power first. It doesn't matter. Once both are connected, the top blue led is on, and the bottom one flashes for a few seconds. After only the top led remains on because the bottom is an activity led that lights when collecting data.

Try one board at a time using the power supply from the good board. If both work, it could be the power supply. 

If you require more assistance, please include the serial number from both boards?

Best regards,
John

Hello John, 

Thank you for your comment. I actually tried to use the power supply of the working to power the second one, however, the "device ready" LED is still off. Once I connect the USB2020 I hear the sound as if a new device is connected to the PC. However, I do not have access to the device. 

Serial number for the first USB-2020 (good board): HE1793938

Serial number for the second USB-2020 (not working): HE1631214

Regards,
Mohammad