Analog Discovery 2 Pro Bundle - Use as Waveform generator and oscilloscope simultaneouslty

DHIMAN DAS

Question

Hello moderator, I have a very silly query. I understand that "Analog Discovery 2 Pro Bundle" has four channels - two for WAVEFORM generation and two for measurement OCILLOSCOPE probe.

My query is can I use it for waveform generation (using one of the Wavegen channels) and measurement (using one of the Oscilloscope channels), simultaneously? Can I overlap the Wavegen signal and Oscilloscope signal  on top of each their in the software?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

1 answer to this question

Hi @DHIMAN DAS

The Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Pattern Generators and each Wavegen channel runs independently. You could use internal and trigger IOs for synchronization.

To monitor the AWG output: wire it to a Scope input and use the other input for measurement, like it should be used for Network and Impedance Analyzers.
This is the best method since it shows you eventual signal attenuation/delay at DUT input that should be considered when characterizing such.
The Impedance Analyzer also takes in account the probes impedance-capacitance and lets you perform open/close compensation reducing wiring effects.

image.png

In-device loopback was recently added for EclypseZ7 and it is in work for ADP3X50 but unfortunately this can't be implemented for Analog Discovery 2.