Raspberry Pi 4 and Analog discovery 2 for simultaneously playing and recording

Moj

Question

Dears,

Analog Discovery 2 (AD2) can simultaneously generate a signal and measure the response of my circuit to this signal when it is connected to my laptop. 

However, AD2 can't do the same task when it is connected to the Raspberry Pi 4 (RP). In the other words, It hangs.

If I reduce the sampling frequencies of the scopes and the wave generator, it works but many data are lost and corrupted.

I would be thankful if you help me solve this problem.

Thank you very much in advance!

Moj

Here are some details you may need to know: 

****Description of the task that can be successfully done by AD2+ laptop, but AD2+RP hangs

**At the same time, the wave generator plays a chirp and two scopes record the response of the circuit.

**The sampling frequency of the wave generator is 0.5 Million samples per second. Since the duration of this task is 1 second, therefore the number of generated samples is 0.5 Million. 

**The sampling frequency for acquisition is 1.2 Million samples per second. The duration is 1 second. Since there are two scopes for reading the response, the number of read samples is 2x1.2 Million. 

****Description of the task that AD2+RP can do but many data are lost or corrupted

**Sampling frequency of the wave generator = Sampling frequency of the scopes = 0.2 million sample per second

**Duration of task = 1 second

****My laptop spec

**Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise

**System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

**Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz   2.11 GHz

**Installed RAM: 16,0 GB (15,9 GB usable)

****Raspberry Pi 4 spec

**Operating system: Raspberry Pi OS with desktop, Debian version: 11 (Bullseye)

**System Type: 32-bit 

**Processor: Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz

**Installed RAM: 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM

1 answer to this question