Digital Discovery Synchronous Rate Limited to 100MHz

JimR2

Question

Hi,

I've been using the Digital Discovery to dump time interleaved ADC data captured in FPGA RAM, each at 60MSPS (for an interleaved data rate of 120MSPS).

In Synchronous capture mode, the Rate: is only representative of the data time sequence step, which when dumped from RAM could be any rate! In this case 120MSPS.

When I set the Rate: setting to 120MHz to get the timescale in the log data correct for FFT analysis, it defaults back to 100MHz.

Of course I can correct this on the post-processing end, but was wondering if this default could be over-ridden? Or at the very least considered for a future version update, if only for the Sync case where the 100MHz limit really doesn't apply?

Thanks, JimR2

image.png.1e4515292a9859b5c331e8c1663b9d07.png 

3 answers to this question

Understood. My situation is a little different that I am sampling data into RAM at 120MSPS, and then dumping to Matlab for FFT post processing, via the Digital Discoverys Sync mode. I am only using the sample rate as representative of the captured data rate in this case, not the rate at which it's being dumped at. 

Would be convenient to have the sample time align with the original sample rate for easier FFT post processing, but easily fixed in Matlab in this case. Was just an observation.

Thanks for consideration.

JimR2