Digital discovery drawings

fredvachelard

Question

Dear All,

I'm willing to build some kind of "daughter" board that would fit on top of the digital discovery.

To do this i'm planning to replace the right angle headers by straight headers.

However, i'd like to find a mechanical drawing showing at least the headers and the holes of the digital discovery PCB, in order to design my "daughter" board.

I've been looking on the website, but i didn't find this yet ?

Thanks for your help

6 answers to this question

I created this. Perhaps this can give you some inspiration.... On the outer holes vertical pin headers are soldered and the whole thing is mounted in a metal frame where the pin headers come through. I don't like the horizontal cables either.

The PCB also contains two LED's for the transmit and receive indication of an USB-UART dongle connected to this board.

IMG_20220216_153131.thumb.jpg.48be905cff5fc5ffea8b62fbdf2d9aed.jpgIMG_20220219_195844.thumb.jpg.00b2c58e9ba558a30add81a783a65d67.jpgIMG_20220226_164902.thumb.jpg.12a2ba2dbb02d5b569712e83f96983e5.jpg

Hi,

Similar to this question, I am building a PCB for concept proofing measurement, the board is planned to plug directly into the AD2. I need to determine the height to pad my PCB so it aligns to the AD2 (with enclosure) on the Z axis and the combo could sit on the same surface. Could you get me either a STEP 3D for the AD2 or the distance from the desktop surface to the center line of the connector? Thanks so much!