Capabilities of the Analog Discovery Pro

Emil

Question

Im wondering about the capabilities of the analog discovery pro in terms of data acquisition. I need to sample signals at 25MHz for several hours while logging the amplitude and frequency while running digital outputs to trigger diffrent functions. Is it possible to set up a python script using the WaveForms APK running on the embeded linux to record to a drive plugged into the usb port and stream data to a host computer?

Edited by Emil

3 answers to this question

@attila Yes, the FPGA seems like a good solution. I don't have any experience with it but it might be a good chance to learn. I have the option to use a frequency divider as well. What do you think is the highest frequency the Analog discovery pro would be able to sample with the setup mentioned in my first post? Does the ADP5250 have the same support in terms of the WaveForms SDK?

Hi @Emil

I recommend that you start learning FPGA with simpler projects and tutorials. Jumping directly into a complex project may be too deep.

The ADP3X50 in embedded mode has better rate and lower latency than USB or Ethernet transfers, but with too much data processing it can be slower since it has a low power CPU.

image.png

image.png