working with HS2 probe in cJTAG and Adpet tool

Dr.G

Question

Hi,

We have a cJTAG device and trying to view the JTAG devices while using Adept tool and the HS2 probe.

When using 4 wire JTAG we can see the chain in the tool however when using cJTAG device we are not able to see the device in the Adpet window. When running the Metaware debugger it operates normally when configured to run in 2 wire mode using the HS2 probe.

Is there a way to instruct and see in the Adept tool to search a cJTAG 2-wire device?

3 answers to this question

Hi @Dr.G,

The Adept application is not able to directly view cJTAG devices as it is not configured to do so (nor will it be based on what the developer has told me); an application developed with Adept SDK can do this (which to my understanding is exactly what Metaware does; makes different API calls from the SDK to have the JTAG HS2 detect devices with other Scan Topologies).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Dr.G,

Unfortunately, Digilent does not distribute the underlying code for the Adept application.

There are instructions within the samples folder of Adept SDK (available for download on the bottom right of it's Resource Center here: https://digilent.com/reference/software/adept/start) for building custom applications in Visual Studio along with an existing DjtgTwoWireDemo in the djtg folder within the same samples folder.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin