Digital Discovery using DIO to trigger a script in Sync Mode

JimR2

Question

Hi, 

I have a digital discovery that I'm using to read data dumps from a high speed ADC output captured in memory on an FPGA. This is being done on DIN0-DIN16. I am using SYNC mode since the FPGA provide a clock with the data, so I only get one sample per clock edge. Thats been working great using the Waveforms button pushes.

I now a

m trying to automate it by cross-triggering from a ADP3450, and setting up a StaticIO input on the DD. My intent is run a script on DD that senses this trigger, and do the button pushes to run(SYNC) the data and dump to files.

Using the DIN0..23 DIO 34..31 setting in the DD, and with the StaticIO panel up using DIO24, I can see the signal from the ADP3450, no problem. But then when I try to read this in the script using a similar command and situation I had on my AD2, the same syntax does not work for some reason?

The simple code that I am trying to use is below, and it generates an error seen in the 2nd pic? I've tried several different permutations, but the following line works perfectly in the AD2, so I'm not sure what the issue is? The channel number from what I understand is in groups of 8 (as defined in the Scripting help) but trying different channel #s, no channel number, creates same issue.

Hope you can help!

Regards, Jim Riches

// Line from AD2 that works is -       "if( StaticIO.Channel1.DIO14.Input.value ) {"

// Simple DD Script

var i=0

do{

if( StaticIO.Channel3.DIO24.Input.value ) {

// Do SYNC run and file save

print("Run:", i+1)

}

}while(wait())

image.png.48b81250b9f59eed6fb1da89e8c59540.png

image.png.c188a2ec73a3256e0b4d028dcc13bff6.png

2 answers to this question