Instacal does not find DT9844 with DASYLab Trial

Grata

Question

We have a DT9844 which can we can connect to in MATLAB and operate.  We have downloaded DASYLab and Instacal. We have enabled Data Translation and Measurement Computing in the DASYLab configurator.  Instacal does not recognize our DT-9844 so DASYLab does not either.

How do we get the DT-9844 recognized in DASYLab for evaluation?

7 answers to this question

Hello @Grata.

InstaCal supports the MCC product line, not the Data Translation (DT) product line.  Prior to enabling the Data Translation package in DASYLab's Configurator, a user must first install Data Translation's Open Layers software.  https://mcc.download.ni.com/#downloads/DTSoftware/Omni-CD/

After installing DT's software, open the DASYLab Configurator and enable the Data Translation package.

image.png

Close the Configurator and then launch DASYLab.  Expand the Modules branch in the leftmost window pane to find the Data Translation modules.  Drag-n-drop an Analog Input module onto the worksheet.  Select the board and configure its settings in the configuration window.

image.png

Click the Help button, in the DT module's configuration window, for addition information.

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Once installed, the Data Translation software is saved to the host system's 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Data Translation' directory.  That is where you will also find Data Translation's QuickDAQ application.

Certain IT departments may block downloads.

Here's a different link to the Data Translation OMNI software package.  

https://mcc.download.ni.com/#downloads/DTSoftware/Omni-CD/

Please reply with screen captures if you continue to have issues.

Regards,

Fausto

Heres what Im seeing when I open Dasylab and try to add an input module.  I dont have an option to select "Data Translation"

image.thumb.png.37f61a8cd7a958df013641ed8ae3a0cf.png

Also, when I go to "measurement" and then "select driver", I have no driver available to add.

image.png.c8e96e0a9c40dc4669a4444bb1b2c9b6.png

Also, when I'm in the configurator, this is what I have selected.

image.thumb.png.1ac2610223a40a0f24f337b4a0372c66.png

image.png

image.png

DASYLab 2020 installs Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x86, but the Data Translation DASYLab driver was compiled with an older Visual C++ version 2010.  DASYLab 2016 installs Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86 which is needed to load/run the Data Translation DASYLab driver properly.  If the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86 is not installed on the target PC, then DT’s dll package will not load in DASYLab.

Verify that you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable or Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) installed on your Windows system.

image.png

If you do not have it, then go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999 and click the Download button.  Next, select the file ‘vcredist_x86.exe’ (Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86).  Download this file to your computer.  Close DASYLab and the Configurator before launching the installation.  Afterwards, restart your system.  Once back into Windows, launch DASYLab and verify if the Data Translation modules branch is present.

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Thanks!   I downloaded the vcredist_x86.exe file as you said, and ran it.   Re-booted my computer too.   Progress made.

Now, I am seeing "data translation" available to me, but when I add an analog input module, that module still has no open layers boards installed.  See screenshot below.

So I opened my previously downloaded file "DataAcqOMNI_V7.8.9.zip" and tried to download "DT-open layers" from www.mccdaq.com/DT-OMNI-download but its still not working (not sure it really downloaded anything).  What do I need to do next?

image.thumb.png.eef43a62b19764584ea37aebbb6411f5.png