ChatGPT tells me there is a Python Package called Waveforms Live.. :)

dotm

Question

Hi.
So out of fun, I tried to make ChatGPT spare me a half an hour coding today. It responded like this:
grafik.thumb.png.8d2b6e20afc94450ba69469c0ed896b6.png

However, I've never came across such a package. Could not find it on the internet as well. Confronting ChatGPT with this, it came up with an explanation and a way more realistic code:
grafik.thumb.png.abe607d0836fe74cb30ef9e3290a72fa.png

So, dear Digilent Support Team. Do you really have an internal package called waveforms_live that ChatGPT knows about somehow or is it just a hallucination like so often when asking ChatGPT specific stuff?

1 answer to this question

Hi @dotm,

WaveForms Live was a web browser based software Digilent made for our (now several years retired) OpenScope and OpenLogger (you can see a little more about it here: https://digilent.com/reference/software/waveforms-live/start). It is not a python package though, nor is it compatible with any of the Discovery products (Analog Discovery, Analog Discovery Pro, Digital Discovery, etc).

I'm not certain what ChatGPT is exactly thinking of or what package it is writing for, but there are both python examples built into WaveForms SDK (AnalogIn_Trigger.py should be a good reference for you) as well as a pydwf package made by the talented @reddish.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin