Diligent Analog Pro

Taimur

Question

Hi Diligent Team,

I am using an analog pro board to acquire data at 2 MSPS using one of your python API example. 

I would like to do some processing in the background as the data is being collected, essentially implement non-blocking acquisition as in Matlab. Do you have any example script? 

Thank you,

Taimur

2 answers to this question

Hello @Taimur.

Which release of MATLAB are you using? 

Are you using the latest 'Digilent Toolbox' add-on, in MATLAB?  If not, then install the latest version of WaveForms (https://digilent.com/reference/software/waveforms/waveforms-3/start), which is compatible with MATLAB R2021b and newer.  Next, you will need to install the ‘Digilent Toolbox’ add-on via MATLAB's Add-On Explorer.  Search for ‘Digilent Toolbox’ and then select the add-on.

The new Digilent Toolbox files are saved to the 'C:\users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Collections\Digilent Toolbox' directory.

image.png

Take a look at the examples provided with the Digilent Toolbox.

Regards,

Fausto

Hi @Taimur

The WF SDK/API functions are only slightly blocking. I mean it does not wait for the capture to finish.
With acqmodeSingle, the FDwfAnalogInStatus communicates with the device and fetches the data only if the capture is done and the device automatically starts a new capture. If the capture is not done returns other than DwfStateDone so you can check it again.
With acqmodeRecord for continuous streaming, the FDwfAnalogInStatus fetches the new samples and you can use the FDwfAnalogInStatusRecord to see how many new samples are available.
The FDwfAnalogInStatusData... returns the fetched data, again without device communication.
If you want less blocking you can use multithreading app/script.
You can find many examples in the WF SDK/ samples/ py/ AnalogIn_Record.py AnalogIn_Trigger.py ... but not for multithreading.