SPI and I2C on adp5250

bryan78

Question

didn't want to flood the forum, just wanted to say thanks for jumping through some hoops to get SPI and I2C going for this.  Confused myself when testing because it took a second to realize you had to use the static IO lines for driving the signals. It looks like only single and dual spi are available, couldn't select the other data lines for quad.   Any other features you can add to the adp5250 with some creativity is greatly appreciated.  Could it be possible to replicate a sensor or custom script for it also ?  Just that next step would fill the gap in what its missing.  Wish we could just use patterns on it :)

Edited by bryan78

3 answers to this question

@attila

I see, I thought the custom didn't work because of the data transfer error I got.

The sensor tab is greyed out for me.  Would want to use the sensor option to eliminate the long delays between chip selects,  but how could this be done if you use patterns to generate it?

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hi @bryan78

The ADP5250 (VB8012) supports SPI and I2C master, custom and SDK. The standard SPI with 8bit (16,24,32) is supported, delay is not adjustable but the Selects seems to be controlled by the 'firmware' with 3-70us delay.

image.png

For other device (AD2, ADP3X50...) the delays are now adjustable, WF v3.19.12+ The Select signal is now generated with pattern 

image.png