TracerDAQ PRO issue

Scott Foley

Question

Running tracerdaq pro, version 2.3.4  while recording data I sometimes get an error "error trying to refresh the device".  Im testing BOPs, so if I get this error, data is lost.  Having to do another cut wastes pipe and blades, both of which are expensive.  Obviously this doesn't impress my customer.  

12 answers to this question

Hello @Scott Foley.

How long have you been using TracerDAQ Pro v2.3.4 and when did this issue first appear?

Which MCC device are you using?

Which Windows OS version are you using?

Disable Windows screens saver and power save options.

Do not run TracerDAQ Pro maximized to your screen's resolution.  You can stretch the window, but do not maximize it.

Regards,

Fausto

Fausto,

I've been running tracerdaq for several years. The problem has been sporadic.

I'm running windows 10 V22h2

MCC usb-2416-4a0

I run tracerdaq less than 1/2 screen.

I can run a 30min test w/o issue then run a 1min test and get the error. Then run several 1min tests w/o issue.  When I do get the error, the test is invalid which is costly to my customer.

Screen saver is disabled, I'll check powersave.

Thanks,

Scott

Hello @Scott Foley.

Do you have admin rights with your user login account?

Are you connecting the USB-2416-4AO directly to your host system or to a USB hub?  If using a hub, is it externally powered?

Please install the current version of InstaCal and TracerDAQ on a different system and test the USB-2416-4AO.  Are you able to reproduce the issue with a different system?

Regards,

Fausto

Good afternoon,

Yes I am logged into windows as admin.

USB-2416-4AO is connected directly to the laptop, usb ss port.(we have the pc and USB-2416-4AO set up in a pelican case) 

I'll try with a different PC.  I can't replicate the pressure going to the transducer, I can let it run though.  It's wierd though, I can run several tests w/o issue, then it pops up.  

What are the RAM requirements for tracerdaq and instacal? We would have check before buying the pc, but I'd like to check again, unless that's an unlikely cause of the issue.

Platform requirements and recommendations

Software requirements

Microsoft Windows operating system: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP (32-bit or 64-bit)

Microsoft .NET® Framework 2.0

DirectX 9.0c

InstaCal utility

Notes:

The TracerDAQ installation automatically installs the Microsoft .NET® Framework 2.0 if this application is not already installed.

The TracerDAQ installation always installs DirectX 9.0c even if the software is already installed.

System requirements

Video card with 16 MB of memory and Direct3D Acceleration (see note below)

Minimum screen resolution of 1024 × 768

Computer with Pentium® 4 processor and 256 MB of RAM

A Microsoft-compatible mouse

Note: To verify that Direct 3D is installed and enabled on your computer, perform the following steps:

From the Start button, select Run and enter Dxdiag in the text box of the Run dialog.

Click OK. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool dialog opens.

Click on the Display tab.

Within the DirectX Features pane, verify that the Direct3D Acceleration status is Enabled.

If the status is Disabled, click the associated Enable button next to the status to enable this feature.

If the status is Not Available, you will be unable to run TracerDAQ. Upgrade your video card to one that supports Direct3D Acceleration.

Hi Scott.

I was unable to reproduce your issue using TracerDAQ PRO, a USB-2416-4AO, and your .scc configuration file, with version 10.0.22000 of Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit.

Previously I mentioned to verify that Direct 3D is installed and enabled on your computer.

From the Start button, select Run and enter Dxdiag in the text box of the Run dialog.

Click OK. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool dialog opens.

Click on the Display tab.

Within the DirectX Features pane, verify that the Direct3D Acceleration status is Enabled.

If the status is Disabled, click the associated Enable button next to the status to enable this feature.

If the status is Not Available, you will be unable to run TracerDAQ. Upgrade your video card to one that supports Direct3D Acceleration.

My system has DirectX 12 and 16 GB RAM.  The graphics device has 8 GB of shared memory.

What does the DirectX Diagnostic Tool show for your host system?

Regards,

Fausto

Fausto,

Direct 3D acceleration is enabled.  

DirectX 12

I have 8 gigs of RAM 

processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40 ghz (4CPUs)~2.4 ghz

Intel(r) HD graphics 620

approx total mem 4156 MB

display memory 128 mb

shared memory 4028 mb 

I ran 24 strip charts last week, may have had 1 issue.  I ran 4 today and the issue occurred twice.  

I guess I'll upgrade to windows 11 and see what happens. 

I appreciate all of your help, obviously I'm not a computer guy.