usb-1024LS " Error: 2 Dev0 Error: Digital device is not responding." logging on TracerDAQpro

Rod Dewey

Question

12 answers to this question

I suspect there's a problem with your device. Close TracerDAQ Pro and run InstaCal. Select the device and then choose Test->Digital. Run the test and make sure the ports pass. If they do, try Tracer DAQ Pro once more.

An alternative solution is to use the DAQami program to test the device. https://www.mccdaq.com/downloads/DAQami/daqamisetup.exe

Best regards,

John

I tried the test but port A fails the test with the hardware connected as this ground all 8 digital inputs of the port .

I have not disconnected the inputs to check if it still fails.

When logging it works fine for a while then crashes 

Am I exceeding the sampling speed of the 1024LS?

Hello @Rod Dewey.

Please test your USB-1024LS with InstaCal again and remove all wired connections from the screw terminals.

Do all four ports pass on the Internal DIO test?

image.png   image.png

With regards to TracerDAQ Pro, I was unable to reproduce your issue.  I connected a USB-1024LS to my Windows 11 system and then launched InstaCal first.  Once the device was detected in InstaCal, I closed InstaCal and then opened TracerDAQ Pro.  I selected eight digital input channels from '1stPortA'.  

image.png

I set the scan rate to 10 Hz.

image.png

I started the acquisition and toggled the digital input channels.

image.png

TracerDAQ Pro ran without an issue.  I manually stopped the strip chart just under 4 minutes.

If your USB-1024LS fails InstaCal's digital test and you are unable to run TracerDAQ Pro for 4 minutes at a scan rate of 10 Hz, then you may have an issue with your device.

Regards,

Fausto

On 1/12/2023 at 11:28 AM, JRys said:

I suspect there's a problem with your device. Close TracerDAQ Pro and run InstaCal. Select the device and then choose Test->Digital. Run the test and make sure the ports pass. If they do, try Tracer DAQ Pro once more.

An alternative solution is to use the DAQami program to test the device. https://www.mccdaq.com/downloads/DAQami/daqamisetup.exe

Best regards,

John

@Rod DeweyHave you tested the module with the DAQami program, as previously suggested?

Also, test the module with a different PC.

What is the module's factory serial number, either shown in InstaCal or a label on the backside?

Regards,

Fausto

Hi,

The serial number  is 153DF7C

I logged with DAQami at 4Hz and it crashed after 8723 readings

Perhaps the test Hardware- wiring enclose is cause a spike from the switching .

Should I add a capacitor across the  supply pins 29-30

Or are there any other recommendations 

USR-1024Ls-wiring.JPG

Hello @Rod Dewey.

Thank you for the serial number.  I am unable to find an invoice date for that serial number, which indicates that the module  is out of warranty.

Please disconnect all of your wiring to the USB-1024LS module and run the DAQami application again, with the eight digital inputs enabled and the 4 Hz sampling rate or faster.  Does DAQami crash without any connections to the module?  If it does, then your module is damaged and should be replaced.  MCC does not repair the USB-1024LS  modules.  If DAQami does not crash, then you should examine your wiring and test one digital input at a time.

Regards,

Fausto

Hi,

Thought I sent the above, but I have now run the unit logging at 4Hz and with no switching of the relays it ran for over 4 hours 588800 only stooping on the time out set

So i need to de-bounce the  contacts

Your signal connection guide suggest a low pass filter but not sure how to apply this to my circuit 

Hello @Rod Dewey.

With all signal wires removed from the screw terminals, the USB-1024LS should not crash a software, if functioning correctly.

Which version of Windows OS are you running?

Which version of InstaCal and DAQami are you using?

Recommend using the current versions.  https://www.mccdaq.com/Software-Downloads

Please test your USB-1024LS module with another Windows OS system (version 10 or 11) and without any signal connections.

This module is not repairable by MCC, so if it continues to fail, then you should consider replacing the module.

Regards,

Fausto

Hi,

Thought I sent the above, but I have now run the unit logging at 4Hz and with no switching of the relays it ran for over 4 hours 588800 only stooping on the time out set

So i need to de-bounce the  contacts

Your signal connection guide suggest a low pass filter but not sure how to apply this to my circuit