WF32 Power mini USB

stunczy

Question

7 answers to this question

The problem is that you are plugging into the micro-USB port, not the mini-USB port on the other side of the board next to the wireless chip and antenna.

The ChipKit WF32 has 3-USB ports on it.  One of them is next to the plug for the external power supply.  This one is used for programming the chip, and can also be used for supplying power to the chip.  The other USB ports are on top and bottom of the board.  These ports connect straight to the PIC, allowing you to program the PIC to act as a USB dongle, or even a USB host.  The trick to these two ports, however, is that there are really only one port--the electrical signals are shared between these two ports.  You have connected into one of these ports.  You needed to connect to the one next to the external power supply.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Hello

You selected ok the power but I suggest you to use the mini USB, J1, not the micro USB Connector. See in the reference manual how it's done, here.

First of all, there is no power led that can indicate if the board is functioning or not. The best way to see if you have power is to check in Device manager that it has Com. (See pictures attached)

Without the board connected:

wcom.JPG

With the board connected:

com.JPG

If your board has the bootloader loaded on it, when you connect the cable you might see Led1 and Led2 blink for one or two seconds. It means that the FTDI sent something and it indicates that the board is working.

You can also see that the board is working when you upload a code that turns on a led or something, and you see it's working. In order to do that you need to have the bootloader on the board.

Please, check first in the device manager and see if the board is recognized, and if it is, then it means that you have power on your board.

Best regards,

Bianca 

Stunczy,

For programming you will have to use the mini USB connector, not the micro one, as Dan said. Regarding the 2 second flash of LED 1, at some point you could've wiped your bootloader from your board. You should use the IPE to put the bootloader back on.

Also, WF32 does not run Linux or Unix so if you're expecting to connect to some Linux driver on the board, that will never happen. The WF32 will run a Network stack (DEIPck/DEWFck) but that is just a network stack and does not contain any specific protocol to talk to LabView.

The error you are encountering is from the connection. Plug it in correctly and make sure the power jumper is on UART.

Regards,

Bianca

I use mini USB port and the red leds flash. I use windows 10 and I have a simple TP link Router. 
I installed the  MPIDE and NI-VISA .
When I use labview led blink serial port then work it and can connecting the wf32 but when i would like use wifi then not work.  I use UART jumper.

Stunczy,

Here are some Intructables for the WF32 and Labview. 

http://www.instructables.com/id/Using-LabVIEW-LINX-and-chipKIT-WF32-to-Control-an-/?ALLSTEPS

http://www.instructables.com/id/Getting-Started-with-the-ChipKIT-WF32-LabVIEW/?ALLSTEPS

in the second instructable the step 6 is Setting Up WiFi on chipKIT WF32. These tutotials should get you where you need to be.

thank you,

Jon

My Own Default Gateway is 192.168.0.1 so I use 192.168.0.127 an 44300 as port. I've run the firmware. I waited a minute and restarted the wf32, then with ping 192.168.0.127 I checked it, bou I didn't find anything. There isn't anything new at the Router DHCP client list, and there is neither a new IP at the wireless statistics. I can't se the WF32.
WiFi security settings: WPA2-PSK

Archived