Multiple analog in at the same time USB-1408FS in C#

JBOS

Question

Hello everyone,

I am trying to read and display analog input data from my USB 1408FS in a C# application but ran into a problem. I can display one channel at the time after some sorting through the sample codes but I am stuck at how I can read 2 channels for example and simply display this data in a simple C# form. 

Trying to build a simple application that reads several pressure sensors and I want to show them all on the screen, very simple to start before making it more complex. Pressure monitor will run 24/7, burst measuring is not the way to go, it just needs to stream the values to the screen.

Sample code has this line to read the input voltage on a channel:

ULStat = DaqBoard.VIn(Convert.ToInt16(nudAInChannel.Value), Range, out VInVolts, MccDaq.VInOptions.Default);

This all works fine but changing the channel reads the voltage to the same VIVolts variable that cannot be changed it seems. VInVolts0 for channel zero and VInVolts1 for channel 1 would be the solution but this does not work.

Can anybody shine some light on how to do this for me? 

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jan

2 answers to this question

Hello,

Why not make VInVolts an array that uses the channel number as the index. 

float[] VInVolts = new float[2];

ULStat = DaqBoard.VIn(Convert.ToInt16(nudAInChannel.Value), Range, out VInVolts[Convert.ToInt16(nudAInChannel.Value)], MccDaq.VInOptions.Default);

Best regards,

John

Hello John,

Great idea, did not know you can do this with out VInVolts, I tried many other ways but always got an error back. Let me try this and I will let you know if this works.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jan