DT9829 Driver Corrupted

Todd

Question

HI,

Is the new MCC technical support?

I just installed the DT-OMNI software (DataAcqOMNI_V7.8.9.zip) per the instructions in the box onto a Windows 10 laptop.  The installation worked without issues however when I connect the USB cable to the DT9829-8 it can't connect. When I check device manager I get the following error message.

Any recommendation or is it possible to download just the DT9829 driver?

Thanks,

Todd

Error.jpg

6 answers to this question

The DT9829-8 is a popular product.  we have no other reports of this so I don't think it is the DataAcqOMNI ._V7.8.9.zip

Perhaps you have a bad download or there is something amiss with that computer/OS.

I recommend you download a fresh copy (https://mcc.download.ni.com/downloads/DTSoftware/Omni-CD/DataAcqOMNI_V7.8.9.zip)

uninstall the software you are now using and try the fresh download, or just as a test try this new download on another computer. 

I was able to install the installation package successfully on a Windows 7 computer.  I checked Dell Latitude 9420 Windows 10 Pro laptop (version 21H2) and it doesn't have Windows Defender Security Center.  It only has Windows Security.  I checked the Bios and Secure Boot was not selected.  I suspect it is something security related but I am not sure what might be blocking the driver.

The issue appeared to be a Windows issue, so I did a search for Windows 10 blocking drivers and found which setting need to be changed.  I did the steps listed in the article below to turn off Memory Integrity feature and now the driver works as expected.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/03/07/windows-10-security-app-blocks-driver-updates/

The bug applies to all versions of Windows 10 and it can be resolved if you turn off the setting in Windows Security app. To fix the driver blocking bug, follow these steps:

1.) Open Start and navigate to Settings.

2.) Click Update & Security and then open Windows Security.

3.) In Windows Security, navigate to Device Security.

4.) Under Core isolation, turn off Memory Integrity feature.

A system reboot is required for the changes to take effect.

Microsoft also recommends users to look for other drivers from Windows Update or manufacturer’s website.

On another note, I am currently unable to turn on the Memory Integrity feature.  Windows tells me this is because incompatible drivers have been installed and to contact the manufacture for the latest drivers.  Is the DT9829 driver version 7.0.0.3 from 1/16/2014 the latest driver?  Does MCC plan on updating the driver in the future to be compatible?  

Edited by Todd