Suggestion: Alternate trigger on the AD2 scope

Anthocyanina

Question

While it is rare, sometimes i'm looking at signals that aren't time related but have other parameters that are, like their amplitude for example, I find myself either changing the trigger source between channel 1 and 2 to observe them in detail, or using two oscilloscopes. 

While I don't know how the trigger system is implemented in the AD2, knowing that older digital oscilloscopes, and recent cheap oscilloscopes (like the owon vds 1022i) do have an ALT trigger mode, makes me wonder if it would be possible to implement that in the AD2. 

Hopefully this is considered, and able to be implemented, as this would make those sporadic tasks much easier to perform, and the added functionality would make the AD2 an even better tool.

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @Anthocyanina

Unfortunately such option won't be available with AD2 since the device FPGA is already fully utilized, eventually for other/newer devices.

Thank you for your post.

oh wow, awesome that you got to use all of the FPGA in it. look forward to hearing about the implementation of this for other devices, thanks!