error showing "Device is currently in use" in Instacal

soumya

Question

I am using TC32 here in instalcal for Board# 1. when I double click to open it, As you can see in attached image, it is giving "Device is currently in Use". If I try to acquire data from channel of this board using LabView ULx function , it gives "ULx Create Channel (AI-Temperature).vi:2950001<ERR>
Measurements: Channel specified does not exist on this device." as error. 

This error should come if I select invalid channel for that board.

I am aware that TC-32 supports only one connection at a time, that's the reason I am getting this error. but my concern is how to get the same error in LabVIEW.

Let me know if anyone have solution or ideas for it.

Thanks In Advance...

Capture.PNG

2 answers to this question

Hello @soumya.

The error codes are different between LabVIEW and the MCC Universal Library errors.  I tested an E-1608 module with LabVIEW, while InstaCal was running in the background.  The LabVIEW error message listed a possible reason as "Make sure the device is not being accessed by another application".  

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Hello Fausto,

Yeah, at least the error message which you shared makes sense that the device maybe in use by another application. But in my case I'm getting an error message which doesn't help me identify the actual problem because "Channel specified does not exist on this device" means that we have specified an incorrect channel number for eg: if a device support only 8 channel and if we try to read channel number 10 then we should be getting this error.

For reference, please see attached image

MicrosoftTeams-image.png