USB-2001-TC (Continuous CSV Logging)

luigi.abbate

Question

The USB-2001-TC come with the DAQami™ v4.2.1 program. I would like to setup the unit in an area for active temperature logging without much required intervention. Can the DAQami™ v4.2.1 software be configured to continuously export data into a file such as a csv? And repopulate new csv files once data file size limits are reached? 

Thanks for the help! (links below)

https://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acquisition/usb-2001-tc.aspx 

https://www.mccdaq.com/daq-software/DAQami.aspx

2 answers to this question

Hello @luigi.abbate

You can use DAQami with the USB-2001-TC to continuously log temperature data without required intervention.  Just set it up and let it run.  It will acquire data until the hard drive is filled or until you, the user stops it.

DAQami generates binary files in the TDMS (Technical Data Management Streaming) format.  there is no automation in the software to continuously convert and parse these TDMS files to csv.  That is something you would need to do manually.

A solution would be to use DASYLab (Lite would be adequate) to acquire data and log it to a csv file, and you can set it up to change to a new file every hour or day (at mid night for example).

Thanks Jeffrey, simply wanted to ask if the TDMS files are created in multiples by data size or other increment? I am considering taking approach 1 that you mentioned. We should be able to convert from TDMS to csv without too much trouble. I think completing it actively and keeping everything at the same time point needs to be correctly completed.