Cora Z7-10 Discontinued

RyanW

Question

Hello, this post mostly goes out to Digilent staff, but I'd like to hear other's input on this as well. I noticed a couple months ago that the Cora Z7-10 was discontinued and only the single core option is now available. Is this due to chip shortages/supply chain issues? Is there any plan to bring this version of the board back?

I have both the single and dual core, and unfortunately the single core model does not play nice with the Xilinx toolchain for petalinux. I was eventually able to get linux working on the single core, but I had to modify the zynq-7000.dtsi to exclude references to the second core. All the bare metal stuff works nicely.

I just thought it seemed odd to discontinue the product when I thought the pin-outs on both chips were the same (I could be entirely wrong on this).

https://digilent.com/shop/cora-z7-zynq-7000-single-core-and-dual-core-options-for-arm-fpga-soc-development/

2 answers to this question

Partial supply chain, partial consolidation of product offerings, all business decision passed from the top down.

As far as I know the pinouts on both variants were the same; though the larger chip did have more FPGA resources with regards to things like BRAM and LUTs. I am not too familiar with the Petalinux side of things, but I will ask to see if Digilent can make the process smoother for the single core board.

Unfortunately, I have not heard any plans to bring the Zynq 7010 version of the Cora Z7 back into production and would not anticipate otherwise.

Thanks,
JColvin