Temperature out of specs USB-2416

rrojas

Question

I am working on a unit MC USB-2416, I am running some performance test for temperature but it is out of specs according to the manufacture manual , It was used the software InstaCal and DAQami, in the software Instacal I run the calibration A/D but the unit is still out of specs. I will appreciate your help if there is an adjustment procedure that I can use , or what is your recommendation about it.? the temperature is 8 Degrees out of tolerance. It's two wire the thermocouple that is has been used for the test.

4 answers to this question

Hello @rrojas

Some questions to help me understand your setup...

What is the serial number of your USB-2416?

What type of thermocouple are you using?

Did you allow the USB-2416 the recommended 45 minute warm up time?

What are you using as a standard, that is telling you the USB-2416 is 8 degrees (C or F?) out of tolerance?

Going forward until this issue is resolved, with regard to software please just use InstaCal and its built in tests.

Regarding the USB-2416 settings (as found in InstaCal).  For each channel you have configured for Thermocouple, what is the data rate you have selected?  The recommended data rate setting:

image.png

60 Hz is recommended to help filter out AC line noise for the very low voltage signal of a TC.  Do be sure to set each Thermocouple channel's Data Rate to 60 Hz.  For more information on why this setting is important, please see the User's manual, https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-2416.pdf, page 16.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Hello, 

answering your questions.

What is the serial number of your USB-2416?

A: It's 1F5C19B

What type of thermocouple are you using?

A: I've been using type K

Did you allow the USB-2416 the recommended 45 minute warm up time?

A; Yes, it has been warming up for more than 45 minutes

What are you using as a standard, that is telling you the USB-2416 is 8 degrees (C or F?) out of tolerance?

A: The standard used is a Fluke 5522A, in C degrees

Going forward until this issue is resolved, with regard to software please just use InstaCal and its built in tests.

Regarding the USB-2416 settings (as found in InstaCal).  For each channel you have configured for Thermocouple, what is the data rate you have selected?  The recommended data rate setting

A: I tried with the rate that you suggested it, and with different rate too.

296147245_Screenshot2022-11-21130426.png.b75fca4a2ce12f89f1c1adc1881f3041.png1291507966_Screenshot2022-11-21130340.png.43f2500bff486822a864b68e4a01669f.png

Hello @rrojas

The USB-2416 has no components you can adjust for calibration.

According to our records, USB-2416 with serial number 1F5C19B was originally purchased in February 2021, and was later sent in for calibration in December 2021.

That last calibration was all most a year ago.  MCC recommends you send in your USB-2416 for a yearly calibration cycle.

If you would like to send it in, please let me know and I will generate a price quote for calibration of your USB-2416.