A question about the power cable in the package of SSR-RACK48

Amirhossein

Question

Hello,

I am using one of your products named "SSR-RACK48". I aim to install relays on this rack and then connect it to a "PCIE-DIO96H" already installed on the motherboard of my PC. There is a power cable in the package of this product ("SSR-RACK48") with molex connection on both ends. Would you please assist me with if I need to use this cable as long as the rack is connected to the "PCIE-DIO96H" via a C100FF-x cable? If so, would you please let me know where the other end of this cable (other than the end which should be connected to the rack itself) should be plugged in?

an image of this cable is attached below.20221107_160846.thumb.jpg.5765319d4ab50b8a23bf96ba44b3b1fb.jpg

Kind regards,

Amirhossein

3 answers to this question

Hello @Amirhossein.

You will need to know which I/O modules and quantities to be used with the SSR-RACK48.  Each I/O module has a different input current specification.  Also, the available power from a USB port differs between a USB 2.0 port (2.5 watts) and a USB 3.0 port (4.5 watts).  That should help you decide whether or not using the USB port is an option for your application.

Regards,

Fausto