ADP5250 and VB8012 - question

MNSKev

Question

Hi everyone,

I develop all my labview code using virtualbench VI and VB8012.

I recently purchase and ADP5250 because it has the same characteristics as VB8012.

In the ADP520 product page is mentionned that "While not officially supported, the ADP5250 is also compatible with NI's VirtualBench C API and VirtualBench LabVIEW™ VIs"

However I try to used  VirtualBench LabVIEW™ VIs and it does not want to work with adp.

I also install waveforms vi and convert my connect by replacing each virtualbench vi with waveform ones but errors raised (I cannot generate an arbitrary waveform with adp but vb8012 does)

Could you give me some advice?

3 answers to this question

Hi @MNSKev

For the ADP5250 to be supported by LabVIEW/VirtualBench VIs the following DLL(s) needs to be replaced in Windows/System32 nilciuserapi.zip

If you are using 64bit Windows and a 64bit app (like the File Explorer):
- the nilciuserapi.dll from directory x64 should be copied to the Windows/System32 in order the 64bit apps to use it
- the nilciuserapi.dll from directory x86 should be copied to the Windows/SysWOW64 in order the 32bit apps to use it

For 32bit Windows the nilciuserapi.dll from directory x86 should be copied to the Windows/System32.

These DLLs should be included in a newer version of VirtualBench installer (like v20) but I'm not sure if this will happen.
I could include it in the WaveForms installer but it wouldn't be nice to overwrite files belonging to other kits.

image.png