Using SDK function FDwfAnalogInStatusData16() in C++

AbbyM

Question

Hello!

I am having some trouble using the function FDwfAnalogInStatusData16() in C++. The host PC I'm using is a Raspberry Pi 4 with Debian Linux.  I am using record acquisition mode. The function call works great for me in Python, I can see an expected sine wave input signal.  But I get all zeroes in my buffer when doing the same thing in C++. The buffer is defined globally as a static array. For now I am working with just 1 channel, but the goal is 3 channels.  My code is attached, can you help me determine what I am doing wrong?  

Thank you,

Abbytest_adpro.cpp

test_adpro.py

15 answers to this question

Ok thanks, I actually ended up finding the bug, I was setting false instead of true in FDwfAnalogInStatus () so the device wasn't actually reading data XD

On a related note, I have noticed that cAvailable varies which I assume depends on a number of factors.  But I am planning to interleave 3 channels of data in the same output file.  Is there any way to get a more constant number of valid samples?  is there perhaps a minimum I can use?   I also do not want to have invalid or zeroes in the data file.

Thanks

Hi there,

One followup question to this thread.  I went to look for the DDRam setting under the Waveforms options but cannot find the window that was referred to in your linked thread.  The only thing I could find was a speed test under Options->Device.  it says "4 MiB" at the end of each sentence so I wonder if that is the equivalent DDRam buffer setting?

image.thumb.png.c92f6f566bdac29e157fbfd13c3d012b.png

OK, so I am using the Discovery Pro 2 software and not the ADP3450?  I remember selecting ADP3450 when I downloaded Waveforms.  Just to double check, which OS version do you recommend for a Raspberry Pi with 64-bit OS?   I used the 64-bit Debian ARM image and Adept libraries.

Edited by AbbyM
misspelling

I am confused as to which version to use for the Raspberry Pi using the 64-bit OS. 

It seems that the only installers that actually run without errors are the ones with "arm" in the name.

I just installed 3.18.19 "armhf.deb" but when I rebuilt and ran my script it gave this error:

pi@raspberrypi:~/verde $ ./adpro 
./adpro: error while loading shared libraries: libdwf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
pi@raspberrypi:~/verde $

The Waveforms GUI works fine but not my script which is my end target.

Edited by AbbyM