where to get the new driver for Series F USB-1608G devices?

John Sessa

Question

20 answers to this question

Hello Jeff

We just purchased 5 USB-1608G A/D modules. In the boxes are a flyer that says the device requires new driver software (Revision F). The PN on the device is 151440F001L.

So I have downloaded the  MCC DAQ package but don’t think it’s working. Every time I try to launce InstaCal –it thinks about it, brings up the splash screen then goes away. I have reinstalled and rebooted several times to no avail.

I have used "right click" to "Run as Administrator" but it does the same thing.

In DASYLab 2020, when I Measurement>Measurement setup>MCC-DRV>Measurement> yields an error window No DAC devices detected; even though I have the device connected and have a glowing green LED.

In my C:> Program Files (86)> … I have 3 different folders, DASYLab 2020, DASYLab Support Drivers, and Measurement Computing

Should they all be in the same directory?

Need some help

Hi John,

Installing InstaCal should not be that hard.

You have something wrong on that computer.  perhaps run a virus scan, windows update, or go to an earlier restore point.

My recommendation is that you uninstall all MCC software. then search the system (starting at c:\ ) for cbw32.dll  delete all copies of this.  as it is only used by MCC there is no harm in deleting it. But, if it makes you feel better, just rename it to something like cbw32.old for example.  it would be interesting to know how many copies you have on the system, and what rev's they happen to be but, if you don't capture that don't worry.

you might also consider purging the registry of any left over keys.  you may want to work with your IT folks on that if you are not comfortable editing the registry.

Once all software and registry entries are removed it will be like MCC software nor DASYLab has ever been there.

Go to our download site and download fresh copy of mccdaq.exe https://mcc.download.ni.com/downloads/MCCDaqCD/mccdaq.exe

if you need fresh copy of DASYLab 2020:   https://mcc.download.ni.com/#Archive/DASYLab/DASYLab2020/DASYLab_2020.0.0.339/

Another option, just for the sake of testing and verifying that the USB-1608Gs you just received operate correctly is to download and install the mccdaq.exe on a different computer, attach a USB-1608G and confirm it functions.

Jeffery (ET.AL.) So I downloaded- a demo version of DASYLab on a different laptop and then downloaded MCCDaq  which contains Instacal. I am now able to see, under "PC Board List" 3 of my devices that I have connected to a USB hub ( 2 ea. 1608G's and 1 ea. 2408). I can see and test and calibrate from Instacal, but DASYLab does not see them. What to do?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

With InstaCal and DASYLab completely closed.

Run the DASYLab Configurator, click on the Packages tab, and expand the Data acquisition tree.

If Measurement Computing driver is NOT checked, then check it, click on "OK" button and follow the on screen prompts.  Now run DASYLab and look in the Inputs/Outputs folder.  Do you see the MCC-DRV folder?  Can you add an Analog input module to the worksheet and configure it for your MCC device?  if yes, then you are all set.

If Measurement Computing driver IS checked, then un-check it, click on "OK" button and follow the on screen prompts.  When it completes, run the DASYLab configurator a second time, click on the Packages tab, and expand the Data acquisition tree.  Select/check the Measurement Computing driver, click on "OK" button and follow the on screen prompts.  When it completes, run DASYLab and look in the Inputs/Outputs folder.  Do you see the MCC-DRV folder?  Can you add an Analog input module to the worksheet and configure it for your MCC device?  if yes, then you are all set.

Jeff

I Have already done that, but I downloaded it AFTER I had downloaded the DASYLab software.  Do you want me to do it again and overwrite the existing file in my Program Files (x32)>Measurement Computing> DAQ ?

Or is there a way to have DASYLab see the existing driver files in that DAQ folder?

John

OK so It was not checked- so I checked  it and tried to follow the screen prompts;

Got to Destination Folder Screen with the path C:\Program Files (x86)\DASYLab\

then hit NEXT and it doesn't like that path: The dialog box wants me to select a valid DASYLab directory;

so I hit CHANGE and used the pulldown Menu to select the Measurement Computing Directory; It didn't like that either.      :  (

So...I noticed that the directory that downloaded was named DASYLab 2022_en ; different from what the installer had prompted. So I selected that one  : )

So I can now see MCC_DVR in all its proper place in DASYLab 

Thanks Jeff

Jeff --New Question

This was all done on a new-different laptop than that corrupted one I was trying to use the other day.

So can I take a work sheet off of the old laptop and copy that file into this working DASYLab system (somewhere?) or do I have to re-create that old worksheet in this new platform?

John

Jeff

OK- So I have to exit the program every 2 hours and then re-enter?

I have a valid key for DASYLab 2020 on another laptop; can I load this key as well on a second laptop? I guess Im asking if we can load our software on 2 laptops to run our various tests

Thanks

John

Jeff

Is there anyone in the area of the Space Coast of Florida (Brevard County), a firm or individual, that is experienced with DASYLAB ?

We are beginners here and have a legacy corrupted program that controls our spectral light test fixture (photometer and XY translation table); We are way behind and are willing to pay for some help.

John