AttributeError: module 'dwfconstants' has no attribute 'DwfWindowRectangular'

tdeball

Question

Hi,

I am working through some of the Waveform SDK examples on an Analog Discovery 2. I can get all of the samples in the SDK/samples/py directory to work. Then i progressed to the "WaveForms-SDK-Getting-Started-PY-master" samples. None of these are working due to the error below. Any help would be appreciated!

XXX-MacBook-Pro-2:~ XXX$ /usr/bin/python3 /Users/XXX/Downloads/WaveForms-SDK-Getting-Started-PY-master/test_device_info.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/XXX/Downloads/WaveForms-SDK-Getting-Started-PY-master/test_device_info.py", line 1, in <module>
    from WF_SDK import device, error       # import instruments
  File "/Users/XXX/Downloads/WaveForms-SDK-Getting-Started-PY-master/WF_SDK/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
    from WF_SDK import tools
  File "/Users/XXX/Downloads/WaveForms-SDK-Getting-Started-PY-master/WF_SDK/tools.py", line 29, in <module>
    class window:
  File "/Users/XXX/Downloads/WaveForms-SDK-Getting-Started-PY-master/WF_SDK/tools.py", line 31, in window
    rectangular = constants.DwfWindowRectangular

9 answers to this question

Hi Attila,

I am tring to work on something related to the Waveforms SDK. I got the issue as mentioned by @tdeball. Updated the Waveforms to the latest version, still facing the same issue. I will be glab receiving help in this regards.

D:\localWS\XXX\Testing\xxx\Testjig_UI> & d:/localWS/XXX/Testing/xxx/Testjig_UI/venv/Scripts/python.exe d:/localWS/XXX/Testing/xxx/Testjig_UI/ADwithPy.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "d:\localWS\XXX\Testing\xxx\Testjig_UI\ADwithPy.py", line 22, in <module>
    from WF_SDK import device, scope, wavegen   # import instruments
  File "d:\localWS\XXX\Testing\xxx\Testjig_UI\WF_SDK\__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
    from WF_SDK import tools
  File "d:\localWS\XXX\Testing\xxx\Testjig_UI\WF_SDK\tools.py", line 29, in <module>
    class window:
  File "d:\localWS\XXX\Testing\xxx\Testjig_UI\WF_SDK\tools.py", line 31, in window
    rectangular = constants.DwfWindowRectangular

Thanks in advance.

Hi @attila,

I verified this. The atached file is the dwfconstants.py from the location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Digilent\WaveFormsSDK\samples\py\". couldn't find the declarations for window types.

Also, How to find the frequency of the analog data on scope - channel 1 using python? There is only definitions to read voltage level of the data. Please help me on this query too.

Thanks in advance

dwfconstants.py