Analog Discovery Pro ADP3450 not visible in Waveforms

GlennCB

Question

My ADP3450 is no longer responding over USB, checked over multiple computers with different cables - all show the same behavior.

Serial port is responsive, able to boot into Linux mode or Standard mode, but still no connection with Waveforms.

How do I proceed?  Is my unit defective?  I can't seem to reflash it since it doesn't show up in Waveforms so no recovery modes are available.

-Glenn

3 answers to this question

Hi @GlennCB

Please verify in Windows Device Manager under "USB controllers" if "Digilent ADP3450" or "Unknown USB Device" is listed, or lsusb if you are using Linux.
If it is not listed, contact for replacement the support.digilent at ni.com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.

Hi @attila

Thanks for your reply.  The only new devices which show up are the FTDI serial port and the USB hub inside the box.  I believe the second port for the JTAG interface is not showing up as I do not see either unknown USB device or the Digilent ADP3450 listed.  Here's the output from "lsusb", diffed for what is new when I connect the ADP3450:

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0424:2512 Microchip Technology, Inc. (formerly SMSC) USB 2.0 Hub

When I connect to the serial port, I see this when I boot into standard mode:

Press any key for Recovery Mode...
S for Standard Mode
L for Linux Mode

QSPI: 01-20-18-4D-01-80
Programming PL
DDR Check
BootMode 0x01
Loading Standard Mode
PH 0 from: 0x040000 [8] to: 0x130000 [8]
PH 1 from: 0x010000 [30010] to: 0x100000 [30010]
FsblHandoffExit

Running Standard Mode v03.3C
PL done
QSPI: 01-20-18-4D-01-80
AXI-DMA Setup
Setup
MAC: 00-18-3E-03-BE-A4
Running

And in Linux mode, it boots all the way to the login prompt.

Do any of the blue internal jumpers affect whether the JTAG port is visible?  Both jumpers appear to be in the default position and moving them had no effect that I could see.

-Glenn