DAQami Strip Displays lag in time and don't update when timeframe is changed

Bababooey

Question

My strip displays in DAQami aren't updating in real time with new data and when I change the time window it takes minutes to update if it updates at all. I've attached two screenshots of my strip display with different time windows. You can see that they're the exact same, and the data hasn't updated despite a minute passing between screenshots.

30min.thumb.PNG.9cf2c3ba0a8fe107645e73b9c8722f11.PNG10min.thumb.PNG.213a6bc87c4522afb51d0b68f4af108c.PNG

6 answers to this question

Hello @Bababooey,

Do you have other apps running while DAQami is acquiring and logging?  if so, please end them and see if that makes a difference.

If it does not improve performance, please answer the following:

What model MCC data acquisition device(s) are you using?

What is the sampling rate, etc.?

What version Windows OS?

I'll need to set this up and test. Is there anything else I need to know?

Regards,

Jeffrey

On 10/13/2022 at 4:28 PM, Jeffrey said:

Hello @Bababooey,

Do you have other apps running while DAQami is acquiring and logging?  if so, please end them and see if that makes a difference.

If it does not improve performance, please answer the following:

What model MCC data acquisition device(s) are you using?

What is the sampling rate, etc.?

What version Windows OS?

I'll need to set this up and test. Is there anything else I need to know?

Regards,

Jeffrey

There is no other application running, I am using a USB-2416-4AO, I am sampling 4 Hz, I am using Windows 10.

The laptop is locked down by my company and has no internet connection if that means anything.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

one more question please,

How long has this session been running when you change the time windows setting?

This will happen no matter long longs/short it’s been running. It won’t update within a minute of being started, and will continue behaving this way the entire time. This occurs every time I use the DAQ.

14 hours ago, Bababooey said:

This will happen no matter long longs/short it’s been running. It won’t update within a minute of being started, and will continue behaving this way the entire time. This occurs every time I use the DAQ.

I have set up a USB-2416-4AO with the same configuration you show, 4 TC channels and 2 mV channels, in the same order.  I have DAQami running on a windows 10 computer, with the update rate set to 4 Hz, using separate strip chart displays for the grouped TC and mV channel types.

It's been running for 30 minutes now, DAQami is constantly updating the screen.  if I change the strip charts' time bases, the strip charts each update immediately, there is no lag.

DAQami is a very popular app for folks needing to log data using MCC products.  There are no other reports of this phenomenon.

I believe the problem to be something on/about your computer.  As a test, please try a different computer.

Follow up....

I have been running the same session/configuration of DAQami as my last post.  it has now been running for more than 3 hours.

Over this past 3 hours, I have periodically looked at the displayed data. 

The strip charts continue to be immediately responsive to new data points and manual changes to the displayed timebase.